Hartke LX8500 Lightweight Bass Amplifier Head
The Hartke LX8500 is a compact, lightweight 800-watt bass amplifier head – designed for the big gig. Lean and remarkably robust, the LX8500 brings the thump, growl and bite you expect from your favorite amplifier without the back-breaking setup. Weighing in at just 8.5 pounds, this amplifier features a responsive 12AX7 tube-powered preamp that adds plenty of warmth and bassy richness, backed up by 800-watts of real, continuous power.
- 800 watts of continuous power @ 4 ohms
- Class D bass amplifier that weighs 3.9kg
- Classic 12AX7 Class A tube preamp circuitry
- Tone stack EQ with Bass, Treble, Shape and Frequency controls
- Brite button for top-end presence
- Drive circuit for added distortion effect
- Compressor knob controls bass dynamics
- 1/4″ input jack compatible with active and passive instruments
- 1/4″ and twist-and-lock speaker jacks (compatible with Speakon® connectors)
- 1/4″ Effects Send and Return jacks
- 1/8″ Aux input
- 1/8″ Headphone output
- 1/4″ Tuner Output
- Balanced XLR direct output with pre/post switch
- Output Mute switch
- 2 x TRS footswitch jacks for Drive, Effects Loop, Bite and Frequency parameters
Sculpt Your Tone
The Hartke tone stack EQ section is tailored to capture the character of the bass guitar as soon as you plug in. Equipped with traditional Treble and Bass knobs, its so easy to pull a great bass tone. Plus, there’s also a foot switchable mid filter Frequency knob and Shape knob that sets the depth of the filter. The Brite button boosts high frequencies, bringing out the top-end of the bass and highlighting natural harmonic overtones.
The LX8500 provides essential onboard effects designed to enhance your playing and add extra options to your tonal arsenal. An all-new integrated Drive control can add a touch of grit or throttled-out for an authentic fuzz tone. Of course, Hartke know you’re busy laying down a groove, so it’s selectable via foot switch. A variable Compressor knob can be used to smooth out transients and add punch & presence to your attack. As well, the compressor balances dynamics for players that employ slapping, tapping and thumb-picking techniques.
The ideal amplifier for the stage, studio and practice room! The Hartke LX8500 offers all the essential connections and features in a single compact and lightweight bass amp head. An XLR Direct Out with a Pre and Post EQ selection allows for direct connection to a PA or recording console. An 1/8” headphone output allows for silent practice sessions while an 1/8” auxiliary input can be used to connect phones or MP3 players. An effects loop with Send and Return connections can be used with your favorite time-based effects as well as onboard 1/4” tuner output. The LX8500 features two TRS footswitch inputs to engage Drive, Effects Loop, Brite and Frequency parameters.