RØDECASTER PRO Podcast Production Studio Interface
Version 2.1 Firmware
The RØDECaster Pro is Rode’s amazing new all-in-one studio console that makes it incredibly easy to create professional podcasts. Whether you are just starting out, or are a seasoned broadcast professional, you’ll be equally at home with the RØDECaster Pro console.
- MIDI Control – The RØDECaster Pro can now be used as a USB MIDI controller! This opens up a wide range of creative possibilities for podcasting and streaming, including DAW synchronisation in multitrack recording sessions, vision switching capabilities, and much more.
- New Sound Pad Modes – In addition to the Latch, Pause, Replay, Play, and Loop modes, two new sound pad modes have been added – a “Swear Button” for bleeping out audio on the fly and a “Trash Talk” mode for muting the output to remote callers on the USB, smartphone, and Bluetooth channels.
- ASIO Driver For Windows – This update includes an ASIO driver for ensuring a stable connection when using the RØDECaster Pro with DAWs such as Cubase and Adobe Audition on Windows computers.
- New Language Options – The RØDECaster Pro now offers a selection of languages for the LED touchscreen display, including Chinese, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean.
- Granular control over processing parameters: Users can now tweak all parameters of the RØDECaster Pro’s compressor, noise gate, de-esser, APHEX Aural Exciter™ and Big Bottom™, and high-pass filter. For users who prefer the simplicity of the RØDECaster Pro’s original processing controls, the advanced editor can be turned off.
- Master bus compressor: As well as the individual channel compressors, the RØDECaster Pro now features a compressor on the master output.
- Broadcast-style level metering: Users now have the option to add precise dBFS markers to the level meters on the home and record screen for greater control over recording levels.
- Sound pad overdubbing: Audio that has been loaded onto the sound pads can now be overdubbed infinitely, allowing users to create layered sounds, record VOs over music, create custom ad rolls and more.
- Post-fader multitrack recording: When recording in multitrack mode, users now have the option to record post-fader, meaning all processing, effects and level settings will be recorded in the RØDECaster Pro’s output.
- Improved podcast export processing: When transferring podcasts to a computer, users now have the option to format their files for all major podcast platforms. WAV file exporting has also been improved.
- Updated Companion App: Users can also tweak all processing parameters in real-time from within the Companion App; the Firmware Updater also now lives within the Companion app.
- Ability to save and load a snapshot of the RØDECaster’s settings – called ‘Shows’
- Podcast Transfer Mode – allows users to transfer podcasts direct from the microSD to a computer
- New sound pad functionality
- New broadcast-ready features (pre-fade listen, “off-air” caller communication & more).
- Tweaked audio engine for clearer, sparklier podcasts!
Connect and record
The 4 high-quality microphone channels are able to power studio condenser microphones as well as conventional dynamic microphones. You can quickly connect microphones for you and your guests with automatic level setting and one-touch recording to a microSD card. You can literally be recording your first podcast within minutes of taking the RØDECaster Pro out of the box.
Sound Effects and Jingles
Class A Servo-biased Preamps
The RØDECaster Pro’s pristine preamps and outputs feature Class A circuitry, as found in broadcast consoles that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Class A preamps provide a much cleaner gain structure with lower levels of distortion. The result is an incredibly clean, low-noise signal. The Preamps are also servo-biased, keeping distortion levels low. Your signal is broadcast-pure.
APHEX® On board
Your pristine signal can also be enhanced with the legendary patented audio processors, APHEX Aural Exciter™ and APHEX Big Bottom™. These have been incorporated in the audio processing section of the RØDECaster Pro, and your sound will have that rich, warm tone only found in professional studios. The RØDECaster Pro also features multistage dynamics, such as compression, limiting, de-essing and noise-gating.