Boss DD-8 Digital Delay Pedal
Introducing the DD-8 Digital Delay, the most wide-ranging and feature-rich BOSS compact series delay ever. This loaded pedal delivers more of everything—more great sounds, more delay time, more control options, and more connectivity. And it does it all in a standard BOSS pedal that slides easily into any mono or stereo setup. Eleven modes provide delay colors from basic to exotic, plus a looper with unlimited overdub capability and external control support. For maximum versatility in a minimum amount of space, there’s no better delay stomp than the DD-8.
- The most advanced BOSS compact series delay ever
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echoes, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay + reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays, the DD-8 Digital Delay packs impressive sonic range into one small pedal. Clean digital delays, vintage analog and tape types, and modulation echo are available, plus specialty delays like shimmer and reverse. There’s a new Warm type for softer echo tones, and a +RV type that blends delay and reverb together. Warp is perfect for dynamic ambient textures, while the new GLT type is great for glitchy rhythmic effects.
Stereo to the Max
Everything sounds bigger and better in stereo, and the DD-8 delivers with full stereo I/O support and your choice of three output modes. The default independent mode provides linked parallel delays on the left and right channels, allowing you to maintain the true balance of stereo input sources in the effect sound. There’s also a panning mode for ping-pong delay effects, and a wide stereo mode for enhanced spatial depth.
The DD-8’s extensive real-time delay options help bring your music to life. You can tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch, and control the Warp and GLT modes for unique expressive effects. Adding one or two footswitches unlocks more creative possibilities, like on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a cool Twist effect for soaring echo sounds. Alternately, an expression pedal can be used for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time—or all of them at once.
Having a looper on your pedalboard is a handy thing—it’s great for practice, checking sounds at gigs, and creating on-the-fly backing while performing. The DD-8’s looper mode has you covered, so you don’t have to take up precious space with a dedicated pedal. All looper functions can be controlled with the onboard switch, providing all-in-one operation. But if you prefer to work with extended controls, just connect one or two footswitches to operate the looper’s stop and clear functions externally.
Smart I/O for Easy Setup
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
DD-8 Delay Modes
- Analog—Classic analog BBD delay sound.
- Standard—Clear digital delay.
- Tape—Vintage tape-based delay sound.
- Warm—Digital delay with a softer sound.
- Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- +RV—Digital delay with reverb added.
- Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delay for lush, shimmering textures.
- Mod—Digital delay with modulation added on the repeats.
- Warp—Unique delay with expressive pedal control. Holding the pedal switch increases feedback and level, allowing you to create ambient swell effects.
- GLT—Newly developed delay mode that creates glitchy machine-gun effects when the pedal switch is pressed. Adjust the Feedback and Time knobs for a wide variety of sounds.
- Loop—Loop recorder with overdub capability and up to 40 seconds of recording time with mono input (20 seconds with stereo input).