D’Addario XS Coated Phosphor Bronze Mandolin Strings XSM1140 Medium
NEVER FADE AWAY
D’Addario XS Mandolin sets are breathing new life into coated strings. With its ultra-thin film coating on every wound string and unique polymer treatment on the plain steels, XS offers our highest level of protection for maximum life with an uncommonly smooth feel, making it the most innovative coated string ever created.
- Coating: XS
- Number Of Strings: 8
- Set Type: Sets
- Wrap Material: Phosphor Bronze
- XS Phosphor Bronze strings have the longest life of any D’Addario acoustic string, thanks to the ultra-thin XS film coating.
- High carbon steel wire and Fusion Twist technologies deliver unrivaled tuning stability and break resistance. Strings stay in tune 131% better than traditional strings!
- Less acoustic damping than other coated strings, delivering true and pure iconic D’Addario tone.
- The inner packaging features a resealable zip closure, for ease of opening as well as storage of unused strings.
- String Gauges: .011, .011, .015, .015, .026w, .026w, .040w, .040w
IMPOSSIBLY THIN, ALWAYS TRUE
Thanks to an incredibly thin coating,
every XS string stays true to the iconic D’Addario tone.
Ultra Thin Coating
10x thinner than a human hair. A tremendous leap forward in coating technology allows the strings to be completely protected from contaminants for lasting tone and maximum life.
Hex Core Construction
The hex core allows the string wire to grip the core more effectively than a round core. This improves stability, durability, and intonation.
Fusion Twist Feature
This feature prevents slack in the twist from detuning the string. The Fusion Twist features ensure you have maximum tuning stability and a stronger string less likely to break.
The XS strings use D’Addario’s their strong NY steel made from premium high carbon steel. This material is stronger and more stable than other string types.