Mad Professor '1' Distortion Pedal with Reverb
The Mad Professor 1 pedal is a Distortion Pedal with Reverb, designed to provide the highly sought after ‘brown’ guitar tones of the late ‘70s & early ‘80s.
Like that legendary tone, this pedal produces intense drive while retaining high definition. The pedal also includes a built-in reverb circuit to add ambiance and depth to your sound.
RRP: $275.00 inc GST
The 1's gain ranges from medium to very heavy distortion. The amount can be easily controlled via the volume control on your guitar. (Input impedance is set to facilitate this, and is somewhat negated if a buffer or buffered effect is used ahead of "1".) The Brown knob controls the amount and harmonic overtones of the distortion. Getting the exact tonal quality is the key to this legendary sound and "1"'s Brown and Presence controls help it appropriately interface with a wide variety of pickups and amplifiers.
"1"'s built in Reverb circuit with a Level control for setting the ambiance. The sound is modeled after the studio reverb found on classic recordings from the 80's. The decay time is preset so as not to mess the rhythm of your playing. The present decay time and tone can be modified with trimmers inside the pedal.
- VOLUME: Sets the output level of pedal.
- Brown: Controls the distortion and the sizzling highs.
- Presence: Adjusts frequencies similar to the Presence control on an amplifier.
- Reverb: Sets the "wet" level of the Reverb Mad Professor "1"
- Current draw: 82mA at 9VDC (external power recommended)
- Input impedance: 200K
- Output impedance: 25K
- Voltage range: 8-12Vs
- Power requirements: 9V battery or DC eliminator 2.1 mm plug center negative and positive sleeve.
People Who Viewed this Product Also Viewed